The next-generation virtual synthesizer plug-in.
Zebra is a next-generation virtual synthesizer plug-in. It combines subtractive and additive synthesis with a powerful modulation engine that even smoothly integrates with the built-in effects section.
With the advent of version 1.5, Zebra has become a modular synth. Now it's way more powerful than it had already been...
A demo version for MacOS X Audio Units is available to musicians with fastidious sound requirements.
Zebra at a glance:
- Phat, warm and organic sound. A very musical character
- Beautiful, intuitive user interface
- More than 500 great presets
- Outstanding filters (18 types)
- High quality oscillators
- Built-in effects
- Flexible modulation matrix
- over 200 fully automatable parameters
Zebra for live performers (or just awesome new creative experimentation):
- 4 XY-controls, allowing for deep real-time sound morphs (now with setup wizard that automatically assigns meaningful modulation targets)
- easy user-definable bank and program management
- MIDI Learn: More than 200 parameters remotely controllable by Midi Control Changes, also with relative/incremental controllers
- MIDI Program Changes and Bank Select
- New color schemes make the instance of Zebra you're currently working on easily distinguishable
Zebra for sound designers:
- Modular architecture with up to 4 oscillators, 4 filters, 4 vca/pan, comb filters, waveshapers for each voice
- that's 21 audio modules, 19 modulation sources, more than 300 parameters to tweak, accessible over a still very intuitive user interface
- drag and drop circuit building
- new "dissonant" oscillator waveforms for metallic sounds
- syncable Multi-Stage envelopes/step sequencers
- 3 ADSR envelopes, 3 LFOs per voice
- Playmodes & Voicing: Phat stacks (1,2,4 voices), polyphonic, single trigger and legato modes
- Spectral Editor: Unlimited number of Waveforms (additive synthesis)
- Flexible Modulation Matrix
- 3 on-board Effects: ModFX (Chorus, Flanger, Phaser), Delay and Reverb
- Internal send bus and flexible effects routing
- Many effect parameters can be modulated!
Filter Scape is a filtering plug-in with a modular architecture. It features 2 filters, a 4-band equalizer, a digital delay, step sequencers, lfos and envelope followers. This lets you create evolving effects from otherwise static material, or it lets you mangle drumloops beyond imagination.
» Zebra audio unit
Zebra Audio Unit: Zebra is a virtual synthesizer plug-in. Urs Heckmann
: Zebra Audio Unit Virtual Synthesizer available with powerful modulation